Ludwig Freytag in the past
One of the early achievements of the master mason was the development and building of large residential areas in the town of OIdenburg and even before the turn of the century the raising of reinforced concrete structures, both a courageous and pioneering achievement in construction at that time.
Ludwig Freytag headed his company until the end of the twenties and successfully steered the company through times troubled by war, inflation and recession. His son Wilhelm and son-in-law Friedrich van der Linde took over in 1928 and in the following years the firm grew rapidly, eventually employing a staff of more than 600 employees. After 1945, the company had to begin its reconstruction from the shattered remains.
Stable GrowthThe third generation, Horst van der Linde, Gerhard van der Linde and Dr. Werner Grambart, assumed management in 1963. Only one year later the company moved to its present premises in Oldenburg, Wechloy with a newly built head office, workshops and yard. In the following years Ludwig Freytag expanded its range of activities, and new regional markets were opened up together with the establishment of branch offices and subsidiaries.
During the seventies, following a period of brisk construction of multistorey apartment buildings, the company engaged in major projects, e. g. the storm wall of the River Hunte and the University of Oldenburg, as well as a large number of sewage treatment plants, bridges and turnkey projects. Along with the installation of a gas supply network in the city of Oldenburg the pipeline division was added to the existing field of structural engineering. Following the municipal pipelaying for gas, water and sewage the construction of pipelines and industrial processing plants increased extensively, and first contracts were awarded from abroad.